Habitat Home Buying Program
Habitat for Humanity of Nacogdoches is a non-profit, faith based organization working in partnership with God’s people in need of a simple, decent and affordable home. Habitat builds new 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. Each home has one or two baths.
We offer a 20-year loan with NO INTEREST! Payments are approximately $300 to $400 per month (this includes homeowner’s insurance and property taxes).
Once in the program, 400 sweat equity hours of time and labor must be invested in your home as well as homes of other Habitat households. Homeowners attend required homeowner education meetings.
It takes an average of 9 – 12 months to complete the program.
Contact Family Services at:
Habitat for Humanity of Nacogdoches
600 Powers St, Nacogdoches, TX 75963
phone: (936) 564-3538 fax: (936) 564-3133
Office Hours 8:30 – 4:30 M-TH
You must meet all of the following requirements to qualify for the program:
- Have a need for affordable housing by meeting the income guidelines
- Includes income from Social Security, SSI, child support, and/or employment income.
- Does not include TANF, Unemployment, or Food Stamps.
- Have a clear marital status. Acceptable status’ include:
- NO separation
- Have a workable credit history. NO credit is GOOD credit! We do not use a credit score.
- Medical and dental bills are not counted against you!
- Have 2+ years stable income history.
- Be a permanent resident of Nacogdoches County with proof of Social Security number.
- Be a first-time homebuyer or not have owned a home within the last three (3) years.
- Be willing to partner with Habitat by participating in sweat equity and homeowner education meetings.
- To start the application process either 1) visit our office 2) call us or 3) download our pre-application brochure here and mail back the page with your information on it. The Family Selection Committee holds meetings for pre-applicants twice a year in which they go over the application and the process. These meetings occur in September and February.